Cellulitis?

Patient

Q: I have a painful red lump on my left shin and it's been there for about a week now. I've just arranged a doctors appointment for Monday as it feels that it's getting worse. It's sore to the touch and feels quite warm and swollen. It's been feeling more tender in the last day or so and, I've been feeling quite tired recently. I've read the symptoms of Cellulitis and it seems plasuible to me. I'm 35, relatively healthy and I don't smoke or use drugs. I drink socially, but not heavily or frequently.

My question is whether I should keep to the doctors appointment in a few days or whether I should seek more urgent medical help. It aches to walk but isn't excrutiatingly painful. I'd say that the lump has got bigger in the last few days but doesn't seem to have spread elsewhere and hasn't grown rapidly.

I'm happy to wait until Monday but would also like to know what to do in the meantime? I presume I should keep weight off of it, take over the counter painkillers and rub in an antiseptic lotion, but unsure and would appreciate advice Thanks

Doctor