Cerazette Worry

Patient

Q: I started taking Cerazette 3 weeks ago on the first day of my period. Last night I had unprotected sex with my partner, he did not cum in me. I have taken my pill every day since I started taking it. Could I be pregnant? Please help.

Doctor

A:   I understand your concern about possible pregnancy; Let me reassure you that you should be protected by the second week after starting your contraceptives.It is recommended to use back up contraceptives methods such as male or female condoms during the first 2 weeks when starting oral contraceptives but in your case, after 3 weeks of taking the pills you should not worry about possible pregnancy.