Certain i have intestinal parasites-stool sample clean

Patient : Hi i have for about 3-4 years now have felt the sensation of large worms moving inside my rectum that is on and off. With frequent stomach pain and occasional diarrhea. They feel much larger than a pin worm and are much more active during the night. I have never seen any in my stool. I have gone to my doctor before, and he had me do a stool sample, it came up clean and told me i was fine and prescribed no medicine. I am still feeling them to this day. I have taken pyrantel pamoate and mebendazole to no avail. I have not found anything online with people of the same symptoms,there always saying itchyness which i never have, i know they are not pinworms. Should my next step be a colonoscopy or is a sigmoidoscopy more appropriate? I am certain they will be able to see them in one because they don't seem to be that far up my rectum.

Guest: Thank you so much for this post ! I have had exactly the same symptoms you described for about 10 years now. I several tests in several different countries - stool, blood etc and they all came clean every time.

I came to the conclusion that most doctors are not trained in parasites and they therefore have no clue in this area. A friend recommended talking to a Vet because they have more knowledge of parasites . In the meanwhile , I found that eating pumpkin seeds seem to alleviate the symptoms …