Cervical cerclage and travelling

Patient: Is it safe to travel with a cervical cerclage?

Symptoms: My doctor performed a cervical cerclage as a precaution at 14 weeks since I had a shortened cervix due to a previous surgery. I have had no complications since then and I am now at 30 weeks and would really like to travel back home for delivery after 3 or 4 weeks but it’s a 14 hour direct flight. What do you think?

Doctor: Hello,If you have a cervical encerclage in situ which was placed at 14 weeks and now you expect to travel through fli ght at 34 weeks , still there is no problem in traveling at all. The cerclage would be needed to be removed only when you go in labour or you either have a premature rupture of membrane , else it is safe to carry .There are no restrictions to traveling by flight , just that you have to keep a watch on the baby movements.I hope i have answered your query in detail,wishing you good health,regards