Cervical Spine Disc Disease

Patient : I have DDD with 5 herniated discs in my neck, three of which are impinging on my spinal canal. A spine surgeon recommended "cleaning" the damaged disc material and fusing all three levels to eliminate the constant pain and to stabilize my neck. What could some of the after effects of fusion in my neck be? How drastically will I have to change my life after surgery?
Doctor :   Fusion of the disc in your cervical (neck) spine would not significantly affect your daily activities once you have full y recovered from the procedure. There will be a decrease in mobility in your neck but not significantly to cause you any discomfort or limitations.