Cervix lletz 24 weeks bleeding

Q: Currently 24 weeks, 4th baby. Lletz (CIN3) in July 2011, one healthy pregnancy since (baby born October 2012 induced by balloon catheter and ARM). No issues, easy delivery. Bled for 6 weeks post partum, mirena inserted, bled for further 6 weeks until removal. No bleeding since January 2013. Breastfed until July 2013 and acidentally fell pregnant in August. Have had post coital bleeding since 13 weeks. Not every time but at least every second. Had ultrasound to check for placenta previa, placenta is in correct place. Went to dr to establish why I am still having this bleeding and they did a speculum exam and have said that the source is where I had the previous surgery and that there is something outside that should be inside. They didnt go into great detail. Told me to get myself to townsville as soon as I can to get checked out. Have made appointment for thursday 23 January 2013. It is 1000km away from me. The dr said something about my cervix deciding to open up and this made me check my previous scans and at 14 weeks my cervix measurement was 3.53cm and at 20 weeks it was 2.58cm. Should this shortening be of concern to me? What are the risks associated?

Symptoms:  post coital bleeding, frequent urination, painful stabbing pains in side of belly, so bad that I cannot move when they are occurring. No pain or discomfort during sex but my husband says that he can feel something.