Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chance of Pregnancy?

Chance of Pregnancy?

Patient: My boyfriend and I had sex last Friday. I’m due to start my period soon (today/tomorrow) and I’m super bloated (more than any other time I’ve had my period). No Period yet, and I’m just a little worried. Is this nerves or should I be concerned?

Symptoms: Drowsiness; bloated; gassy;

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.If you have not used protection or any other alternative contraception, there could be a chance of pregnancy. However, the bloating and other symptoms though seen in early pregnancy take about 2 weeks to come and even then they are not specific for pregnancy. They could be due to premenstrual symptoms, which may be indicative of an approaching periods. In case the periods do not come as expected, rule out pregnancy with a pregnancy test.Hope this helped.Regards