Chances of BP due to high depression

Patient : Hi doctors.... Good mornin..:) Last week my dad was attacked by some thieves, after 2 days my dad voice gradually dropped..,initially we taught due to cold and cough, but later in the clinic they told due to high tension , the brain has got affected, so the pitch is not getting louder and it may be chance to start BP Any suggestions...please
Symptoms:  No symptoms, a swell while talking
Doctor :   Hello, Thanks for choosing "Ask The Doctor" for posting your query. It's true that stress can lead to such behavioral changes such a low voice. But you have mentioned that your father was attacked by thieves. In that case, if the attack involved injury to head as well, then there could be chances of some internal damage leading to the problem in speech. It's difficult to speak with certainty but considering his age, it would be wise to get a CT scan of the brain done. If CT scan is normal, the counselling sessions for supportive psychotherapy by a psychiatrist can help your father regain his voice. Do consider going ahead with the CT scan. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. Wish you good health!