Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chances of having another child after post-pp

Chances of having another child after post-pp

Patient: Hi there, I had a post-partum Hemorrhage with my first child. Me and my partner are really wanting to try for another child but i am worried about it happening again. What are the chances of me having another child?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. Post-partum hemorrhage (PPH) has not been shown to decrease the chances of future pregnanc ies. Studies have shown that there is no significant decrease in the women returning with subsequent pregnancies after a previous PPH. If you are considering getting pregnant again, it would be wise to discuss this with your physician expressing your concerns so they can council you on any other precautionary measures you may need to take given your past medical history and risk factors.Thank you for choosing askthedoctor.com