Chances Of Pregnancy Even With Negative HPT Result

Patient : My period is 9 days late. I have had multiple pregnancy symptoms, however my HPT cam back negative. Could I still be pregnant? What should I do next?
Symptoms:  Nausea, bloating, vomiting, cravings, constipation, frequent urination, absent period, very tired
Doctor :   Early in pregnancy hormonal changes might make your breasts tender, sensitive or sore.Nausea with or without vomiting,in creased urination, fatigue, food aversions or cravings, dull aches in the pelvis are all pregnancy symptoms. However these symptoms are quite vague in nature and a lot of other conditions such as gastroenteritis, flu, hormonal imbalances, hypothyroidism may give rise to such symptoms. The best way to find out when in doubt about a pregnancy is to take a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests work by detecting the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in a woman's urine. You did the right thing by taking a pregnancy test and now that it has tested negative, I suggest that you accept the fact that you are not pregnant. When correctly done, most pregnancy tests are nearly 99 percent accurate. Yet if you feel that the pregnancy test is falsely negative, the best option would be to repeat the tests after a week. Delayed menses (delay of upto 2 -3 weeks sometimes) are quite common and a normal variation of a woman’s menstrual cycles. If you are not pregnant, you could week for another week or two for the periods to show without any reason to worry about the same.