Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chances of Pregnancy? Possible Contact With Pre-Ejaculate.

Chances of Pregnancy? Possible Contact With Pre-Ejaculate.

Patient: I had sex on the fourteenth day of my menstrual cycle (likely close to ovulation). Penetration did not occur for more than thirty seconds to a minute, as no condom was available. I do not know whether any pre-ejaculate came into contact with the vagina. No ejaculate came into contact with the vagina. The male did not have an erection before suggesting penetration, but only just before vaginal contact. My period is due in approximately three days and I have not yet experienced any pregnancy symptoms. No additional sex has occurred. The male did not ejaculate, even after removing the penis from the vagina. What are the chances of pregnancy?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.With the details of the sexual intercourse you have furnished in your query, there is a s lim possibility of pregnancy. Since the time of the intercourse was during the ovulation period, and there was contact with the pre ejaculate (which also contains some amount of viable sperms capable of causing a pregnancy) we must be sure enough to rule out the pregnancy chances.You could wait for a couple of days for your cycle, in case you do not get it, kindly get a beta hCG test done which would confirm a pregnancy, accordingly see a gynecologist for further guidanceHope this helpedRegards