Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chances of Pregnancy Without Penetration

Chances of Pregnancy Without Penetration

Patient: Am i pregnant? me and my boyfriend were fooling around and his genitals were touching mine and rubbing against it roughly around the last day of my last period. there was no penetration but i believe there was precum which got on the outside of my vagina. my period is now 1 week late. ive been having really bad headaches and severe mood swings which lead to cutting a suicidal thoughts for the past week. my breasts are sore to the touch and i’ve had weird cramping in my lower abdomen happening in short bursts. what are the chances that i may be pregnant?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There is a very small amount of spermatozoa within pre-ejaculatory fluid, which can indeed result in pregnancy. However, since you did not engage in unprotected sexual intercourse with you partner, the chances of becoming pregnant is very low, but not impossible. Since your period is one week late it is important that you see your doctor to be examined and have a pregnancy test performed in order to be certain that you are not pregnancy.Thank you for choosing AskTheDoctor.com for your health question.