x
Browse
174 Physicians Online

Question:

Change in Semen appearance after Vasectomy

Hi I am 53 I have had a vasectomy when I was about 30 then I had a reversal done about 4 years ago. I have never had a problem with ejaculation but recently instead of white fluid being ejaculated a watery yellow fluid comes out. What should I do? My name is frank.

Answer:

Semen quality and appearance tends to change with increasing age and this could explain your the present consistency of your semen. However, it is important to rule out a possible infection as the cause. This can be done by taking a sample of your semen and examining it for various bacteria. You will need to see your doctor to have this done. If an infection is confirmed, a course of antibiotics will be prescribed and the infection will resolve.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA