Changed from combined pill to progestrogen only, and having break through bleeding straight away!

Q: I was on the combined pill (microgynon) for around 3 years but just over a week ago I went to the doctor and changed to the progestrogen only pill. I started taking this new pill the day after my period had finished. So i had taken 3 weeks worth of microgynon then had a week break in which I had my period and then started taking the progestrogen only pill the next day. Most of this week I've had a tiny bit of bleeding each day. However it doesnt look like bright red period blood its a darker shade. Is this because my body was used to getting oestrogen for so long and now it isnt its like a withdrawal bleed and will this stop when my body is used to the new pill?

Symptoms:  break through bleeding