Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Changes in Pre-menstrual breast symptoms

Changes in Pre-menstrual breast symptoms

Patient: For the longest time I had moderate breast tenderness/pain before menstruation, but for the past several months it has been very tender and that tenderness happens very early (anywhere from 13-5 days before menstruation starts). Now for the past 2 months I have had zero to no tenderness 1-2 days before menstruation. I’ve read that too much tenderness (and depending where it is occurring on the breast) can mean hormonal imbalances. Is this true? I’m trying to get pregnant and the lack of symptoms is sort of causing me anxiety as well… could that mean a hormonal imbalance as well or can that just mean my hormones are balanced? Any information to help me better understand would be helpful.

Symptoms: PMS/Pregnancy Breast Symptoms Inquiry
Hormone changes?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Breast tenderness occurring just before your cycles is a part of pre-menstrual syndrome . It is a common symptom experienced by most of the women and doest not specifically mean a hormonal imbalance. Brest tenderness is also a part of an early pregnancy symptom. If you have not experienced this symptom for a few months it does not mean that you have a hormonal imbalance or there is no chance of you to get pregnant. Suggest you to see a gynecologist for an examination to rule out factors contributing to delayed conception or infertility.Wish you a speedy conception.Hope this helped.Regards