Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Changing the Start date for birth control

Changing the Start date for birth control

Patient: I have been taking Ocella, a birth control medication, for several years now. I began it with the Sunday start, so the last hormone pill for the month is taken on a Saturday. I would get my period on the following Friday (5 days later) therefore having my period on the weekends, lasting 3 days.I recently changed the start of the pill from Sunday to Friday so I would no longer have my period on weekends. When would it be safe to have sex again?

Symptoms: None

Doctor: Hello,If you are contemplating change over of cycle for pills then in any case you should start if from day 1 of your cycle . If you happen to start later then you have to follow barrier contraception for 2 weeks along with the pill to establish its effect and prevent ovulation which is the primary mechanism of action for preventing pregnancy.i HOPE I HAVE ANSWERED YORU QUERY IN DETAIL,WISHING YOU GOOD HEALTH,REGARDS