Changing to a different pill and having breakthrough bleeding

Q: I have just changed pill from microgynon 30 to loestrin 30 (and told not to have a 7day break) I've just noticed some bleeding... (been taking it for 8 days) is this normal? and should I keep taking it as normal everyday?

A:   Oral contraceptive pills might cause breakthrough bleeding as a side effect. I would suggest you to continue taking the OCP as indicated.
This side effect might continue for one or two cycles and then disappear on its own. Take the whole package since the last 7 pills are reminder pills to keep you taking your daily doses. If the bleeding increases in volume or pain are noticed, then I would suggest you to stop your OCP and consult your gynecologist for a more detailed evaluation and possible change in the OCP brand. I wish you the best.