x
190 Physicians Online

Question:

Chemical concrete burn

I burned my foot with concrete two days ago and do not have insurance and my foot is swollen and it has eaten through my skin can you recommend something i can do for it or is it able to get better on its own

Answer:

Burns over a small surface area will heal without much need for medical intervention. You may take the following measures to encourage healing:

Applying a clean, dry dressing daily
Use an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
Monitor for signs of infection such as foul-smelling discharge, fever or increasing swelling
Should you notice any signs of infection then see a physician immediately.

Following the above steps will ensure that your burn wound heals.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA