169 Physicians Online

Chemical concrete burn

I burned my foot with concrete two days ago and do not have insurance and my foot is swollen and it has eaten through my skin can you recommend something i can do for it or is it able to get better on its own

Burns over a small surface area will heal without much need for medical intervention. You may take the following measures to encourage healing:

Applying a clean, dry dressing daily
Use an antibiotic ointment to prevent infection
Monitor for signs of infection such as foul-smelling discharge, fever or increasing swelling
Should you notice any signs of infection then see a physician immediately.

Following the above steps will ensure that your burn wound heals.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

Dr. Suneel Sharman

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Kunaal Jindal

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA