Chest Cough should I consult a doctor

Patient

Q: I've had a chest cough for a week and it hasn't gotten better! I arely cough up anything. I've tried some home remedies and have taken a cold medicine at night. I've experienced wheezing and a humming feeling in my chest! Should I be seen by a doctor?

Symptoms:  Chest cough, wheezing, humming feeling in my chest
Doctor

Thank you for posting your query to ATD.
Cough for more than a week, associated with wheeze is suggestive of Bronchitis.
Inadequately treated cold and flu infection might have travelled down to lungs to cause bronchitis.
If unattended, it may lead to severe complications.
You are advised to consult your doctor.
Doctor may start antibiotics, anti-allergic and painkillers.
You may also require decongestants, bronchodilators, inhalers and temporary steroids.
Steam inhalation may help in relieving discomfort in such conditions.