Chest infection and coughing fits

Patient

Q: I have had a chest infection for over 3 moths and am now on my 4th lot of antibiotics, I am coughing approx every 30 to 40 minutes which is a harsh sudden cough, and i am coughing up clear phlegm, and the coughing fit last for about 15 to 30 seconds then i am ok for another 30 to 40 minutes. And it also prevents me from getting to sleep which can take anything from 1 to 2 hours to get to sleep.
My left ear is pretty blocked and my hearing is pretty darn bad in this ear, I have used ear wax removal drops but doesnt seem to do much. i was punched in the ear several years ago well prob about 10 years ago and it was filled with blood and although this was such a long time ago could this be anything to do with what is going on now? May seem a bit silly mentioning this as such along time has passed but just a thought..
I think I have covered most of what I can think of and appreciate yout time and help Thank you Bryan

Symptoms:  Coughing and chest infection, I am also asthmatic
Doctor