x
165 Physicians Online

Question:

Chest pain and dizzy spells

I have chest pains that last 1-30 minutes around 1 or 2 times a day usually on my left side of my chest.. sometimes on my right. they hurt a lot. sometimes bringing me to tears. im 15 turing 16 soon. sometimes it feels like its getting tight in my chhest and sometimes hurts more when i breath in... when i stand up, almost every time i get dizzy and can only see black for 5-30 seconds and i just have to stand there. 2 months ago i had a concussion and i am just starting sports and activity again now. this has been happening for a few years now but i getting worse. what should i do

Answer:

You should see a doctor in person to be sure you do not have any serious heart condition. Like you said, your symptoms are worsening; it means there could be something going on that did not resolve on its own and needs to be investigated. I think a blood test may be needed to make sure you don’t have anemia, since you have some dizzy spells. Concussions are usually mild, benign conditions resulting from minor head trauma and resolves on its own. Symptoms to watch out for are persistent dizziness, slurred speech, irritability or confusion, etc. A simple physical and neurologic exam by a doctor can already tell a lot of things. You should schedule an appointment as soon as possible. I do hope I have appeased your concern and take care always.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

Dr. Patrick Golden M.D.

• Board Certified Cardiologist
  • Founder AskTheDoctor.com
  • Practices in Fresno, CA