Chest pain with cold, Please suggest OTC

Patient

Q: I have chest pains with a cough and I am running a temp of 101.3. Is there any over the counter meds I can take

Symptoms:  Coughing, sniffles, tightnes in my chest, ear ache
Doctor

A:   Thank you for contacting ask the doctor.
Over the counter medications and self-medication is not to be encouraged as it may do more harm than good. Tightness in the chest could mean a lung infection and requires professional help. I recommend a visit to a physician and getting a chest Xray, Pulmonary Function test, Culture of the sputum, CBC, Hematological examination etc.
Treatment would depend on the diagnosis and may include antibiotics, continuous positive airway pressure depending on the severity of the condition.
Hope this information was useful.