Child Birth (Semen Analysis)

Q: I am male 25 Year old. Height 5' 10" and weight of 72 kg.
Hello Doctor,

I am married and we are trying for a baby. I have just tested for Sperm quality (Semen Analysis). My Sperm Activity grade id 3- (meaning:fast but undirected movement) while my sperm count is 7 Mil/mL. All the other parameters are at good range. I have attached the result in attachment. Is this a alarming situation? Can i be a father?

Please advice.

Symptoms:  Sexology, Genie
Child Birth (Semen Analysis)-1

A:   The fertility of semen depends mainly on three parameters, count of spermatozoa, its motility and its morphology. Motility directly relates to the quality of spermatozoa, the ones with rapidly progressive motility being the healthier ones. According to the accepted standards, a count of more than 15 million per mL denotes optimal fertility; so your sperm count is on the lower side. The morphological parameter of the spermatozoa is on the lower side of the normal range. However, you still have no reason to lose hope regarding the ability to father a child because all it takes is one single, healthy spermatozoon to be able to fertilize the egg. Please see an andrologist or a fertility physician for further consultation, because the quality and quantity of spermatozoa can be increased or enhanced with proper treatment. There are many treatment options available for the couples to increase the chance of fertility