Patient : We had a recent bout with the norovirus. Today I was cleaning the bathroom with Clorox while my 2 year kid was in an adjacent room. The fumes got rather strong. I opened the back door and turned the ceiling fan on to air it out. I'm afraid she may have been exposed 20 or so minutes before I noticed how strong it got in the room she was in as well. (This was about 7 hours ago) she was coughing a little while the fumes were present, acted a little lethargic for a few minutes... and her throat seems a little red. She's had about 3-4 sippy cups of water since then and coughing has mostly subsided, she's acting normal for the most part (maybe a tad I'll but that could be from normal bed time tiredness). No vomiting or diarrhea. I've given her a bath since then also...
The fumes are no longer present.
Do you think she's ok? She's in bed now and I've just been thinking about it and getting myself worked up.
These Q&A’s are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.