Child in Seclusion.....

Q: Dear Doctor....I adopted my 4 yr old son 10 years ago and have had some issues regarding his behaviour. I had him to a child psychologist just to see if I am on track as a parent, and I was assured that I was. He now being a teenager spends most of his time closed in his room with the curtains closed playing his laptop. The material he plays with appears to be non-invasive to his least I hope so?

Every time I try to ask him to play with his friends he gets mad at me and tells me to leave his room.Should I be concerned that his behaviour is normal for a teenager or is he showing signs of depression? His friends don't even call him anymore during the summer vacation.....Please let me know what I should do...Thanks