Child wetting her self?

Patient

Q: Hi my 3 year old girl was dry for a year but she started wetting her self it seemed to start when we found out our sons cancer hadnt gone but i all so noticed that wen she dose make it to the toilet insted of her wee going down it comes out the toilet between her legs even with her bum down in the toilet and on to her pants i have tryed every thing i cant think of to help her please help

Doctor

A:   Bed-wetting or enuresis is usually not a major concern before the age of seven. Usually most children grow out of bed-wetting with no additional treatment. Since you do have some concern, it is always wise to get your daughter examined by a pediatrician. There could be many causes of bed wetting. Some of them are psychological while there may also be physical causes like bladder or urinary tract malformation, recurrent infections etc. Reducing the fluid intake at night, making your child urinate just before going to bed and timing urination during the day would in most cases help deal with bedwetting. I hope this helps.