Q: I need to know if clamidia is a STD that is with you for life or you can get rid of it once you have it even though My friend was treated before it still worries me please help

A:   Chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease which isn't difficult to treat once you know you have it. If it's left untreated, however, Chlamydia can lead to more-serious health problems.
Usually antibiotics such as azithromycin (Zithromax), doxycycline or erythromycin would be prescribed by your doctor. You may be asked to take your medication in a one-time dose, or you may receive a prescription medication to be taken daily or multiple times a day for five to 10 days. In most cases, the infection resolves within one to two weeks. During that time the patient should abstain from sex. Also the sexual partner or partners will need treatment even though they may not have signs or symptoms. Otherwise, the infection can be passed back and forth. It's possible to be reinfected with Chlamydia.