Chlamydia for years

Patient : Is it possible to have chlamydia and not give it to your fiance who you have had sex with for years and had a baby with then give it to her 3 years after the baby was born with out having sex with anyone else? she has been tested before and after the baby not had it but now just tested and has it but i was tested 2 months ago and don't have it. could i have had it all these years and not gave it to her till now?
Doctor :   I understand your doubt about Chlamydia symptoms. Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted diseases in t he world. It is difficult to diagnose current infection since people infected with Chlamydia might not develop symptoms. But when they do occur, they are usually noticeable within 1-3 weeks of contact.It is very unlikely that Chlamydia could be present in the body for years without causing symptoms or complications. When women do not treat Chlamydia, the infection can cause pelvic inflammatory disease which can lead to damage of the fallopian tubes (the tubes connecting the ovaries to the uterus) or even cause infertility (the inability to have children), and untreated Chlamydia infection could increase the risk of ectopic pregnancy (when the fertilized egg implants and develops outside the uterus.) Furthermore, Chlamydia may cause premature births (giving birth too early) and the infection can be passed along from the mother to her child during childbirth, causing an eye infection, blindness, or pneumonia in the newborn.I hope I cleared your doubt.