Chlamydia, has my partner cheated?

Q: Hello, my girlfriend has just tested positive for chlamydia. She is my first sexual partner and there is no way she could have gotten the disease from me. We have been in a relationship for 12 months now. I know a woman can have the disease for a while without any symptoms but for this length of time? Just after being tested she developed the usual signs, smelly discharge and a burning sensation when urinating which she has said she has had for as long as we've been together but just passed it off as a kidney infection. Is this story plausible or do I assume the worst and confront her about cheating?

Symptoms:  As above

A:   Thanks for your question.
I guess, it is not wise to level accusations on each other and this tread is not meant for that too. Chlamydia is caused by the bacterium Chlamydia trachomatis. The disease is spread by oral, vaginal, or anal sex and 50% of women who contract the disease don't know they are infected. It is also a fact that fifty percent of infected men also have no symptoms. If a male partner not ejaculate (cum), still the female can get this disease.
The incubation period of chlamydia is poorly defined. However, given the relatively slow replication cycle of the organism, symptoms may not appear until several weeks after exposure in those persons who develop symptoms.
But the best part is that chlamydia can be cured completely with the right treatment.
Hope this helps.