x
153 Physicians Online

Question:

Chlamydia infection without sexual contact!

I have not had any sexual contact with anyone for ove 3 years but have been diagnosed with chlamidia. How can this be?

Answer:

About 75% of the individuals may not show symptoms of chlamydia infection although the infection may have been present for years. Another possibility for contracting the infection may be due to handling of infected fluids without precautions followed by direct contact with your eyes, vagina, abraded skin, mucous membranes etc. However you can't catch chlamydia from a towel, doorknob, toilet seat or any objects because chlamydia does not survive outside the body.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA