Chlamyida treatment with amoxicillian

Patient: I have seen that by taking amoxocillin doses of 500mg 3 times a day a person can cure chlamydia within 7 days. I was wondering if I took 875 mg of amoxicillan 2 times per day for 7 days if this would treat the chlamydia

Doctor: It might be okay to use 875 mg twice a day for 7 days, but amoxicillin is usually recommended for treatment during pregn ancy. For adults and non pregnant females, recommended antibiotics are doxycycline, azithromycin, erythromycin, levofloxacin and ofloxacin. However you may take the repeat test for chlamydia, after completion of the treatment with amoxicillin.It might be okay to use 875 mg twice a day for 7 days, but amoxicillin is usually recommended for treatment during pregnancy. For adults and non pregnant females, recommended antibiotics are doxycycline, azithromycin, erythromycin, levofloxacin and ofloxacin. However you may take the repeat test for chlamydia, after completion of the treatment with amoxicillin.