Choking or strider attack?

Patient

Q: My 7 yr old son had an attack the other night, in the middle of the night. He had asthma as a baby, but this was nothing like that. He was gasping for air and had the scariest cough I ever heard, almost like a croup cough. We tried to calm him down and by the time the emt's came, about 20 min. later he was able to take normal breaths but he was still making a struggling or congested sound with every imtake.
They took us to the hospitol and his oxygen was fine, but they gave him an inhalation of ventolin and budicort, and sent us home right after, as all was fine.
They called it a "strider" attack?
What is that and how can I find out more info on this?

Doctor