Choosing a physician for premature ejaculation

Patient : Should I see a general practitioner or an urologist first if I am seeking diagnosis and/or treatment of premature ejaculation?
Symptoms:  Premature ejaculation, many times in less than a minute
Doctor :   Hi. Thank you for writing to ATD. A general practitioner is fair enough if you have one who is conversant with the se xual problem. P.E is purely a psychological problem in majority, hence psychiatrists, physician etc. can help you. Urologists are also very familiar with these problems. You take the choice as to who is nearby and helpful. Hope this helps. All the best.

Related Q&A

Q: I have premature ejaculation. It seems that using condoms hardly helps prolong orgasm. i tried a topical called mand...

Q: Hi, I'm 24 years old, and I have a few sex questions. First, I am a virgin, and have not had sex before, but I ...

Q: Hi am troubling with premature ejaculation, when i engage in sexual intercourse i ejaculate fewer than 2 minutes. Wha...

Q: Hello i am 15 year old male, for the last 6 months id say I have been excessively masturbating and around 4 days ago ...

Q: I am 52 years old I am diabetic for almost 12 years now . Recently I started experiencing the premature ejaculation...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon