Chronic back pain after epidural given wrong

Patient

Q: I was given an epidural a little over 3 years ago and it got stuck in me to where they were unable to get it out right away, ever since then I have had chronic severe back pain. I have had xrays done which only showed that I have scoliosis( a 5 degree curve at top of back) and an extra vertebrae down by my tailbone. I was in physical therapy for this but it caused my pain to start spreading into my hip and up my entire back so I quit going. I am now going to pain management and I get 2 shots in my back on each side of my spine. I just had my 2nd set of shots done this past Tuesday and now I am in more pain than I was before I got the shots. I have never had an mri done just xrays. I am really worried that the epidural caused serious damage that nobody has noticed yet since I havent gotten the mri but nobody will look into it for me they just keep trying different treatments that I feel are not working at all, if anything it has gotten worse. What should I do and does this sound like it could be more than just chronic back pain? Also I have noticed that when I am in extreme pain I also get diarrhea every time.

Symptoms:  severe discomfort and pain, sharp, tight, tense,gets worse with daily activities or prolonged sitting, standing, walking, or driving. Have not found anything that helps yet.
Doctor