Chronic back pain control

Q: I have chronic pain in my back and hips I have been diagnoised with DDD 6 disc,I have been taking 240-50mg tramadol per month for a long time now and just wondering if there is something better or more natural ways to control the pain also nerve pain

Symptoms:  Servere pain all the time and worsens with any activity mainly in back and hips it gets so bad I end up throwing up from the pain not the medications,my DR. and I are at this point even with the meds. can get to level 7 if I don't due much it totally get out of control with activity