Chronic e-coli in urine

Patient : Ihave had e-coli in my urine for over a year, been on mult antibiotics. Recently had a hysterectomy. Rarerly have symptoms oother than foul oder or cloudy urine never pain or burning. Any thoughts on how to get rid of this once and for all? My urologist is not ready to go the home I.V. Rote ye.
Doctor :   Chronic urinary tract infections occur when the bacteria attach to the cell lining of the urinary tract.  Often the new infection is caused by a bacteria different from the old infection. Treatment of chronic/recurrent urinary tract infections involves i) low dose trimethoprim-sulphamethoxazole (septran) or nitrofurantoin daily for 6 months or longer ii) Short course of antibiotics when symptoms appear. Additions step that you can take to prevent recurrent infections are : drinking plenty of watre, taking showers instead of baths, wiping from from tto back, avoiding the use of douches and hygiene sprays and drinking cranberry juice.