Chronic Low CBC's and Neutropenia

Patient : I have had chronic low red blood cell counts as well as low hemoglobin and low white (neutrophils) counts for the past three years. This year, since January, I have had a bladder infection and head cold with sinus problems and vertigo. My Dr. (PA) sent me to the hemotologist last year and many tests were done, but nothing was found to be wrong. I am an otherwise healthy 48 yr. old woman, but am tired and would like some plan of action to get me feeling better. Any ideas or suggestions?
Doctor :   The differential for low red blood cell count, hemoglobin and neutrophils is very large and it is difficult from me to d iagnose your problem. Many conditions such as recurrent viral or bacterial infections, leukemia, immunodeficiency diseases, lupus, diabetes, chronic kidney diseases, hyperthyroidism and stress reactions could cause similar findings. Till an appropriate diagnosis is made, you should eat a diet rich in iron and proteins and take iron supplement to help boost your iron levels.