Chronic Neck Pain

Q: I have chronic neck, shoulder, arm pain and my hands are numb. These are the test results. My doctor did not explain them he just said I need surgery.
Can you explain what this means?
At C5-C6 level, there is mild narrowing of the disc space. There is mild bulging protrusion of the disc causing mild impression on anterior aspect of thecal sac without causing any significant neural or spinal canal stenosis. At C6-C7 level, there is moderate narrowing of the disc space. A small disc osteophyte complex is noted projecting into anterior spinal canal. This is not causing any significant spinal canal stenosis; however, these are causing moderate right neural canal stenosis and mild to moderate left neural canal stenosis. At C7-T1 level, there is mild focal central bulging protrusion of the disc. This is not causing any significant neural or spinal canal stenosis. The paravertebral soft tissue reveal no gross abnormality. The partially included intracranial structures are unremarkable.

Component Results