Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chronic pain in right side.

Chronic pain in right side.

Patient: I’ve been having chronic pain in my right side for over a year. The pain occurs maybe once or twice a month and lasts 3-6 hours but is very uncomfortable. However, most of the time it is tolerable. On a very occasions it has hurt really badly. Sometimes these episodes are accompanied by constipation, burping and bloating. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux as well. What could be causing this?

Symptoms: Pain in right side, bloating, constipation, excessive burping

Doctor: Hello.Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I understand your concern.It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease.I would advise following in such scenario:1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.2. To take soft, bland diet.3. To take anti flatulent and anti acidity syrup like DIgene.Even if your problem persists, you should get:1. Upper GI endoscopy2. Ultrasound Abdomen.Share my opinion with your doctor. I am sure he/she will agree to this.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy!