Chronic pain in right side.

Patient

Q: I've been having chronic pain in my right side for over a year. The pain occurs maybe once or twice a month and lasts 3-6 hours but is very uncomfortable. However, most of the time it is tolerable. On a very occasions it has hurt really badly. Sometimes these episodes are accompanied by constipation, burping and bloating. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux as well. What could be causing this?

Symptoms:  Pain in right side, bloating, constipation, excessive burping
Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
It seems you are suffering from Acid Peptic Disease.

I would advise following in such scenario:

1. To take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.
2. To take soft, bland diet.
3. To take anti flatulent and anti acidity syrup like DIgene.

Even if your problem persists, you should get:
1. Upper GI endoscopy
2. Ultrasound Abdomen.
Share my opinion with your doctor. I am sure he/she will agree to this.
I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy!