Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Chronic pain in the feet getting worse

Chronic pain in the feet getting worse

Patient: Ive had this pain for ages now it got worse i cant walk properly on both my feet what could it be

Doctor: The problem that you described often is caused by wearing poor fitting shoes, fallen arches (flat feet), and plantar fas ciitis or overweight, these are the 4 most common causes of foot pain in absence of a trauma antecedent. Try to wear cushioned footwear, avoid narrow-toe shoes and high heels, and if you exercise do a warm up before with an adequate stretch, avoid putting excessive strain on your feet and lose weight if you need it. You also may take anti inflammatory medication (“Aleve”, “Motrin”) and see if they work relieving the pain. If you try all of the above and poor improvement is noted, then I suggest you a consultation with a specialist (podiatrist).