Chronic resistan hypertension

Q: I have been suffering resistant hypertension since I was 17 (first diagnosed with hypertension) And have been on a plethora of drugs since then and have never seen my BP lower than 140/110 with a daily averge of 170/120 range (while on 90mg of Adalat XL, 20mg fosinapril,25mg HCT, 6.25mg caredilol) and have started to see adaptation to meds as my BP has been hovering around the 225/180 range. Blood work repeatedly come back clear, low cholesterol, kidneys functioning fine, one case of elevated creatanine in 16 years on a 24 hour urinalysis. I am a 32 year old male, non smoker, drinks rarely, avid outdoorsman, very active, competes mountain biking and endurance events. I have always had Suboccipital pain correlating with bouts of hypertension. Doing reading on the vagus nerve, could the pain in the neck possibly be not be a result of high blood pressure, but in fact be a contributing factor in hypertension?

Symptoms:  Headaches, palpitations, GI irritation, fuzzy vision, excess sweating, hot flashes, tinnitus