Chronic Stomach upset- cancer scare?

Patient : I am 60 years of age and have medications Avandamet, Amaryl, Zanidip, Avapro, Lipitor, Oroxine. I have had these medications for a few years now. I have an upset stomach every morning and have to rush to the toilet at least two to three times. Should I be worried. My mother had bowel cancer at the age of 86. Should I have also received a bowel screening kit as I turned 60 last October.
Doctor :   Your symptoms could be due to various causes for eg: inflamatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome,infection, your diabetes which is causing complications leading to gastroparesis leading to diarhea ,medication or something in your diet which is not suiting you. I would recommend getting this investigated further so as to have a clearer picture. You may need to do a stool testing and I would definitely recommend getting your bowel screening kit as it is a preventativ measure for all those above 60 years of age and moreover you have a family history of bowel cancer. I would not worry just about yet but I would definitely get it checked up sooner than later.