Chronic Urinary Infection

Q: I'm Poongothai, 51 years old. I have been suffering from chronic Urinary infection for the past 20 years after hysterectomy. While traveling, even I drink lot of water, I cannot flush out and I drink 6 litres of water everyday. During winter, I urinate once in 5 hours even I drink lot of water. When the infection gets aggravated, the symptoms are pain in the kidneys, bleeding while urinating, fever followed by gastritis and joint pain.
In early stages, Tab.Norfloxacin has been helping me and now Inj.Amikacin or Inj.Gentamycin helps me to control it. Though I take lot of water, I cannot urinate freely. Do I need to drink more than 6 litres of water or drinking water frequently will affect the kidneys? Please suggest me a way for this.