Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Cialis dose question

Cialis dose question

Patient: I am in good health and would like to try Cialis 5mg tablet for daily use. Can I take 2 tablets (10mg) and be safe. There are 10mg and 20mg on the market however, is the daily 5mg different???

Doctor: Cialis (Tadalafil) is a drug used in erectile dysfunction. There are two different treatment regimen, the Cialis 5mg tab let is to be taken daily at a regular time regardless whether the sexual activity is planned or not. The Cialis 20mg is a on demand tablet and is taken as a single dose 30 minutes before sexual activity. Your doctor may choose to put you on either of the treatment protocol. I would not advise you to take these two together.