x
153 Physicians Online

Question:

Cialis safe with Blood Thinners?

Is it safe to take ED medications like Cialis or Viagra while taking Blood Thinners such as Arixtra, Lovonox, or Cumudin?

Answer:

There has been no significant evidence of interaction between these drugs. Research indicates that ED medications do not affect the changes in blood and the prothrombin time brought about by the blood thinners. So it may be safe to be on both medications at one time, but it is always recommended to consult your family doctor before taking any medications while on blood thinners.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA