Circulation issues four years after femoral fracture and shattered patella

Patient : My husband was in a skiing accident almost four years ago. He broke his R. Femur, shattered his R. Patella, and broke his L. Tibia. He has a rod in both the femur and tibia. He recovered, and sees his orthopedic dr periodically. He deals with chronic pain in the r. knee, but at this point there is not much that can be done. Lately he has been having circulation issues in the right leg. Could this have something to do with the femoral fracture or patella?Thanks.