x
188 Physicians Online

Question:

Circumcision Wound Care

Hi all, please help my son had a circumcision 10 hours ago an the doctor told me that the dressing should just fall off... well we have cleaned him and the dressing is still on and my first question is should i leave it or should i take the dressing off? with regards to antiseptic cream, should i be putting cream on the wound? thanks

Answer:

You can take the dressing off and apply the antiseptic cream the wound daily. This will help to prevent the development of any infection. Circumcision wounds tend to heal very well without complications.

Have a Question? Ask The Doctor Here.

Sign In to join in the conversation.