Clarify genital HSV1?

Patient

Q: For two years I thought I had HSV2 but I recently got two blood tests and both came back negative for HSV2 and positive for HSV1. I have two outbreaks on my vagina, both small and didn't really bother me more than razor burn. Ive had a hard time finding information on the internet about HSV1 on your genitals and how contagious it is and how it differs from HSV2.
I would love an in-depth description so I can inform future partners of my condition.
how does it affect a parter is is negative for HSV1?
and a partner who is positive for HSV1 but has only had outbreaks on their mouth?

Thank You so much, Im dying for answers and don't know where to find them.

Doctor