Claritin-D and Tylenol Cold and Flu Severe together

Q: Can I take Claritin-D and Tylenol Severe Cold and Flu together?

Symptoms:  Cough, runny nose, tight chest watery eyes sneezing.

A:   Hello. Welcome to Ask The Doctor.
We are here to help you. No you should not take both the combinations together as both of them has almost the same composition. Taking both of them will cause side effects like excessive sedation.
I would advise you to take only Claritin-D as it is very effective alone. In case you are having any fever you might require antibiotics. For fever and body pains you can take Plain Paracetamol or Tylenol instead of Tylenol cold and flu.
I would advice you to do steam inhalation along with the Claritin-D. This will help you a lot.
I hope I am able to answer your query. If you have any further query, please ask me.
Stay healthy.