Clavicle fracture: conservative treatment

Patient : I broke my collar bone on monday and i was wondering if it would be safe to try out for my schools swimming team without the bone really completly healing? it dosnt hurt that much and i can do a full arm circle with only a bit of pain.
Doctor :    The conservative treatment of clavicle (collar bone) fractures involves resting of the affected extremity wearing  a sl sling or a brace or splint “figure of 8”.If the fracture is non-displaced or the skin is not broken surgery is not required. The healing time for clavicle fractures is about 6-8 weeks. As a general guide to return to your activities: nothing should be causing you worsening pain, and try to avoid any activity that may cause you pain. Recovery is usually complete at 12 weeks.